It is down right scary on the water sometimes when you encounter boaters who don't even know the rules of the road. They not only endanger themselves but put other boaters in danger as well. Some states require some kind of boater safety class while most do not. If your a novice boater who wants to learn the basics or a avid boater who wants to brush up on your nautical knowledge this app is a great resource.
The folks at the MarineNeed website have created the Marine Education app. This is a great resource to add to your iPhone or iPad to help you learn how to navigate the marine environment.
- 12 Study categories
- 3 levels of quiz difficulty
- Offline functionality for studying and testing yourself
- Self test: Interactive quiz mode with 3 levels of difficulty
- Visual images: Detailed, full colour illustrations & explanations
- Progression management: Record your quiz score outcomes
- Social media: Post your scores to Facebook or Twitter
- Buoyage - Worldwide coverage for IALA A & B regions
- I.R.P.C.S. (road rules for sail & power craft)
- Chart symbols
- Night navigation lights
- Day shapes
- Engine Types
- Hull types
Video Tutorials: The app is also linked to a nice video tutorial on YouTube. Other video resources are available for training in the areas of navigation, weather, tides, sailing, power boating and jet skiing.