Best Marine Charting Apps
They all offer some sort of charting function. Some are very basic and others offer data integration from your ships onboard navigation instruments. Some use raster charts and some use vector charts.
Find one that fits your price range and start navigating.
1. iNavX $49.99 for iPhone and iPad app, raster charts, vector charts require additional purchase, x-Traverse chart store, satellite and map views, instrument data integration, waypoints, routes, tracking, TCP/IP WiFi NMEA data, AIS, tides, points of interest, Google search, Theyr weather, GRIB weather, measuring feature, realtime tracking, navigate to waypoint and route, auto pilot control, import/export routes and waypoints.
2. SEAiq $24.99 for Free version, $39.99 for Open version, one week free trial, iPhone and iPad, Waypoint, Routes, NMEA data, AIS, free NOAA vector and quilted raster charts, Inland Waterways(USCE), Track recording, Active Captain POI, GRIB weather downloads, bearing and range, GPS sharing, navigate to waypoint and route, anchor alarm, instrument data, TCP/IP WiFi NEMA data, Aye Tides, import/export waypoints and routes.
3. Navionics Mobile $9.99 iPhone, $54.99 iPad HD, Autorouting additional $4.99, Advanced Map Options additional $4.99, Navionics Plus additional $24.99, Nav Module additional $4.99, Navionics charts, waypoints, routes, tracking, markers, community layer, lakes, rivers, winds, tides, magazine articles, Google and Bing overlays
4. Garmin BlueChart Mobile $Free, Charts $29.99 to $69.99 for vector charts, ActiveCaptain POI, search, routes, waypoints, GRIB weather conditions, dew points, temperatures, wind direction and speed, water temp, wave heights and period, celestial data, measuring feature, realtime tracking.
5. SeaNav/NavLink US $19.99, NOAA Vector Chart free updates for 1 year. Satellite overays, Routes, Tracks, Waypoints, Weather, Tides, AIS, instruments, NMEA through WiFi, celestial data, augmented reality, range and bearing tool, search and export.
6. NavPlay 4.99 for app, $39.99 for charts, $45.99 for yearly subscription. JeppesenVector charts, Chart table planning feature, weather, extensive instrument package, real time navigation, autopilot control, routing, waypoints, tracks, Alarms, web cloud, experience maker, logbook, NMEA WiFI
A lot of features but spendy.
7. Transas iSailor $4.99 per chart set, Nice digital vector charts, routes,waypoints, track recording, realtime tracking, navigate to feature, AIS display additional $9.99, import and export.
8. Nobeltec Time Zero $Free app, Charts $39-$49, quilted NOAA raster charts, no vector charts, satellite view, 3D view, range and bearing, SOG, COG, instrument display, GPS tracking, waypoints, routes.
9. Jeppesen Plan2Nav Free, iPad, iPhone, charts regions $19-$37, C-Maps charts, GRIB weather, measuring feature, routes, waypoints, anchor alarm, tracking, tides, photos
10. FlytoMaps All in one GPS $8.99 iPhone, $18.99 HD for iPhone and iPad, search, tracks, measure, wapoints.
11. Marine Map Navigator $9.99 iPhone and iPad, display and tracking on NOAA vector charts, waypoints, routes, tides, AIS
12. EarthNC Marine Charts $19.99 iPhone and iPad, NOAA charts with overlays, weather, tides and POI.
13. Imray Marine Chart Navigator $41.99 realtime navigation with famous Imray charts.