Simple Charts is a newly released navigation app for use by the weekend or professional navigator. The app delivers a simple and easy to used interface that allows the user to seamlessly navigate using NOAA raster charts. Fisherman, sailors, cruisers or kayakers can make use of this app to keep track of their favorite fishing spots or find their way home through the fog. There are plenty of GPS tracking apps out there using the NOAA raster charts. This one has a few additional features that you might enjoy.
- Real time GPS tracking on the charts.
- Includes digital compass
- All US NOAA charts are included for offline use. No need to buy additional regions or charts.
- Charts are very nicely stitched together for seamless transition from one to the next. Zooming in or out of a region brings up the proper chart.
- Charts cover all US Coastal Waters, Great Lakes and US territories of Puerto Rico and the US Virgin Islands.
- Charts are updated automatically every 7 days. No need to download or buy new charts.
- Use the charts off or online. Browsed charts are downloaded and cached on the device and are available for use while not connected to the Internet.
- Waypoints can be added and saved for later use. Simply tap and hold your finger on the screen to create waypoints. Coordinates can also be added to create waypoints.
- Displays real time statistics of latitude, longitude, heading, speed, VMG, DW and TTG.
- Calculate the distance and time to a waypoint
- Share your position data through email.
- Includes additional map types including Google maps, Openstreet Maps, and Open Topos.
- Metric, imperial and nautical units
- Decimal and DMS coordinates